06 December, 2011

Kanye West Dedicates Performance to his Late Mum Donda


Kanye has never been shy about sharing his feelings, and last week , as he and Jay-Z brought their 'Watch the Throne' tour to Chicago for the second straight night and he opened up about his late mother.

"I wanna dedicate this show to the lady that brought me to Chicago at age 3," 'he  told the hometown audience. "The first black female chair of the English department at Chicago State University -- Doctor Donda Claire-Ann West."

Donda West died in 2007 from complications of cosmetic surgery. Around the same time, Kanye split with fiancee Alexis Phifer, and the pain of those two events led to the following year'.
"I know she up there looking down right now and she helped me get through these past four years, when America turned their back on me, when the world turned their back on me for telling y'all the motherf---ing truth," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts

nrelate

Ratings and Recommendations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...