This is a series of what happened with some of Nollywood Actors and Actresses in 2011. Here is just a recap of their achievements, awards, recognition, movie premieres and many more. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly... Enjoy!!
- Mercy Johnson - She really made news this year with her Traditional and White wedding to Prince Okojie. Her news was on every headline both Prints, Magazines and Online. She was the number one buzz maker in Nollywood this year. Right from the preparation till the end, the news about her wedding was everywhere. After the successful wedding in Recently in the news, it was said that she got blind at a movie location. Her publicist debunked the story and said it was a rumor that she is on a movie location in Lagos and getting set for her trip to Australia in a matter of days.
- Rita Dominic - The Beautiful actress was the Co Host for The Headies (Hip Hop World Awards) with Ace Producer and Rapper Eldee The Don.
- Chinedu 'Aki' Ikedezie - The other half of Pawpaw got engaged recently to his wife Nneoma.
- Funke Akindele - who started her career in 'I Need to know' series back in the days has risen enormously by the choice of many movies and also becoming brand Ambassador for companies like GLO, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service and she just got an endorsement deal with KLIN Detergent. After the release of OMO GHETTO Pt 2, she premiered her movie in October 2011 'The return of Jenifa' which sold over 7 million on its first week at the Cinemas.
- Olu Jacob and Joke Silva - These couples are the most respected couples in the Movie Industry as at today. Mrs Jacobs clocked 50 in October and her husband of 25years renewed their vows on her 50th birthday at Freedom Park, Broad street Lagos Island. Romantic couples you say.. Olu Jacobs also got a National award on Sunday November 13th, 2011 from Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the conferred award of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR)
- Ini Edo - Truly, she had the year rosy for her. She landed her self in a multi million naira endorsement deal with Rebecca Hair Product makers of Noble Hair, also a GLO Ambassador. She premiered her