01 September, 2012

Waje Drops Two New Singles ' I Wish' and 'Oko mi'

African soul sensation Waje hits the airwaves today with two singles off her upcoming album, the self titled WAJE [Words Aren’t Just Enough]. The released songs are the brand new single ‘Oko Mi’ and the previously leaked heartbreaker ‘I wish’.

From a catchy chorus, ‘"Toju mi baby, oko mi toh sure", the singer brings up sweet lines with ‘I no wan wake up, if this na dream then let me sleep…’ “Oko Mi is the song every girl, every woman wants to sing to the man she is 
in love with,” Waje explains.

Listen to the romantic ‘Oko Mi’ here



For ‘I wish’, the singer digs deep into her darker side with deeply emotional lyrics fused with a slow tempo ragga beat. This song which was leaked a few weeks ago has enjoyed massive airplay topping radio and online charts alongside major official releases. With unforgettable lines like “I wish I didn’t have a heart, na only stone fit dey
inside,” the song hits all the sad notes! “For every heart that has been broken, ‘I wish’ is a song that says I’ve been there, I will survive, “Waje explains simply.


Listen to ‘I wish’ HERE
It has been a busy month for the multi-talented singer, she co-hosted The Future Awards on August 26.  Now, this weekend, Waje is set to rock New York in her trademark show stopping style as she performs at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Recently, she was nominated as 'best female vocal performer' for the Headies.
Waje  also celebrates her birthday today in The  Big Apple.


Connect with Waje: Twitter: @Wajemusik
Facebook: Facebook.com/OfficialWaje
Writer/Producer Oko Mi- Del B


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts

nrelate

Ratings and Recommendations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...