13 November, 2010

MTN Project Fame Winner Season 2 Hits 4 Nominations from SMVA, NMVA Awards























Still riding on his successful exploits in the 2009 edition of musical reality show, MTN Project Fame West Africa, Mike Anyasodor, has been nominated for four categories in the Soundcity Music Video Awards (SMVA) and the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) respectively.

The R&B songster stormed the Nigerian music scene with some hit tracks and a captivating video from his yet-to-be released album, which has earned him nomination for the awards of Best R&B Video and Discovery of the Year in the SMVA as well as Best R&B Video and Best Video by New Artiste in the NMVA.

The video, Fine Fine Lady, directed by Clarence Peters of Capital Hills Records, has been enjoying massive air play on local and satellite TV stations across Africa and has been regarded by the organisers of both awards as one of the finest musical revelations of 2010.

Mike, who was obviously delighted with his multiple nominations, said it is the beginning of good things to come and a very good way to start a music career after the nurturing experience of the MTN Project Fame Academy.

“I am extremely excited because I did not expect a nomination, not to talk of four nominations from two different awards. I did what I had to do as an artiste. I put my best in my songs as well as the video so that my fans can enjoy my music and be happy. But with these nominations, it shows that Nigerians are really appreciating my work.”

He is optimistic of winning the awards, promising that his fans would enjoy more of his works.

“Everything is in God’s hands but I believe I will win. Whichever way it goes, I appreciate the fact that I am being nominated,” he said.

Mike’s exploit in the Nigerian entertainment industry is a justification of the values acquired from the MTN Project Fame Academy. Other products of the reality show, Season 1 winner, Inyanya Mbuk, Praise Adejoh, Tomiwa Sangonuga and Anis Hallowey, have also been enjoying massive rave in the entertainment scene, with new entrants, Chidinma Ekile, Kesse Frimpong and Tolu Adesina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts

nrelate

Ratings and Recommendations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...