09 November, 2010

WEIRD MC THA FEMALE EMCEE RELEASE 3 SINGLES.

Fast forward to 18years later and brrrrrrr! Weird MC ‘s still right up there dropping hit after hit – “Allen Avenue“, “Ijoya“, “Riranwo“. Wow! talk about longetivity.
I first heard of the Weird one in 1992 (or was it 93′) when my bruver Lolade bought home her tape, he had gotten from his friend from the now defunct Weirdos group and forced me off the tape player so he could listen to it. I was so upset cos I was trying to memorize Biggie Smalls verse on Mary J‘s “Real Love“.
Track was “Wanna make u Jack” and I believe it was her 1st single; it left me stunned that I forgave my bro for ‘chancing’ me. I thot to myself so Nigeria has produced an equivalent of MC Lyte & MC Trouble (RIP). Joint was on some pure New Jack Swing ish …go on give it a listen.


Don’t Stop(Se were)” is an uptempo joint which features Dr Pat and was produced by Legendary Beatz.
Jehovah” is an inspirational cut featuring Switch and also was produced by Legendary Beatz.
There is funny skit by Funke Akindele. There is also a bonus track for u guys – the remix to the already popular single “Happy Day”.
Looking forward to the album. The Weird One is definitely here to stay for a while longer.
Yup! Get familiar!
Funke Akindele Skit
Weird MC ft Dr Pat – Don’t Stop(Sewere)
Weird MC ft Switch – Jehovah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts

nrelate

Ratings and Recommendations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...