26 July, 2011

Jennifer Lopez To Bag 21M For American Idol Return


Jennifer Lopez is set to land £21 million to continue as a judge on 'American Idol'. The 'On The Floor' hitmaker - who split from her husband Marc Anthony earlier this month after seven years together - will reportedly bag the sum to reappear alongside fellow panellists Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson on the US TV talent show.
Cécile Frot-Coutaz, chief executive officer at FremantleMedia North America, which produces the series, said: "We're in good shape. No worries. No dark clouds on the horizon."
The 42-year-old singer received £8 million for her role on the programme last year, but sources have hinted Jennifer is holding out for a fee close to the £21 million-a-year former judge Simon Cowell was earning on the Fox show.
However, Jennifer recently admitted she was "on the fence" about whether to return to her place on the panel of 'American Idol'.
She said: "You know, this is the question of the hour.
"I don't know. I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because, honestly, I'm very on the fence about it. I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year and we're not really at the breaking point of, 'You have to make a decision right now!'
"I'm just really enjoying the time of just waiting and seeing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts

nrelate

Ratings and Recommendations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...